Community Revitalization Award
Beginning in 2008 St. Patrick’s Church undertook an eight-year project to repair and restore the stained glass windows of the church building which was built in 1924. The project included all of the windows from the small one foot by three-foot side windows to the large window over the front door which covers half of the façade. The windows were removed and taken to Studio Arts & Glass in North Canton, Ohio for repair and re-leading. While the windows were out, all of the frames were re-painted and any rotted wood was replaced. After the restored windows were re-set, new protective coverings with vents were installed to equalize the temperature between the storm windows and the glass, enhancing and lengthening the life of the windows.