Community Revitalization Awards
Includes residential, sacred landmarks, public buildings, landscape preservation or historic landmark projects.
Commercial Revitalization Awards
Includes individual, corporate, non-profit or association projects in commercial style buildings and sites.
MVHS Board of Directors’ Awards of Achievement
Includes awards for individual, professional, corporate, non-profit and local government achievement in advocating for preservation.
Criteria For Nomination
- The project site must be located in Mahoning or Trumbull Counties, Ohio
- The original site or structure must be at least 50 years old
- The project must be completed prior to March 1st of the application year
- The project must have involved preservation, restoration, rehabilitation, renovation, and/or adaptive reuse of a historic building, buildings, site or district.
- The project may include a new structure attached to a historic building or site or one located in a historic district that is within the context of the original architecture of the site or district.
- The project must demonstrate a high quality of planning, design, materials, implementation, and follow-through.
- All nominations will be reviewed for their compliance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation.
complete Application Form
- Attach detailed project description
- Include before, during and after images
- Images may be sent on digital media or via email
- Images will be used in public awards presentation
- Self-nominations will be accepted
- Electronic submissions accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail or drop off to:
2019 Preservation Awards Program
The Mahoning Valley Historical Society
648 Wick Avenue
Youngstown, OH 44502
Nominations MUST be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 26, 2019.