Community Revitalization Awards
This category includes residential, sacred landmarks, public buildings, landscape preservation or historic landmark projects.
Commercial Revitalization Awards
This category includes individual, corporate, non-profit or association projects in commercial-type buildings and sites.
MVHS Board of Directors’ Awards of Achievement
This category includes achievement for individuals, professionals, corporations, non-profits, and local governments in advocating for preservation.
- The project site must be located in Mahoning or Trumbull Counties of Ohio
- The original site or structure must be at least 50 years old
- The project must be completed prior to March 1, 2021
- The project must have involved preservation, restoration, rehabilitation, renovation, and/or adaptive reuse of a historic building, multiple structures, site, or district
- The project must demonstrate a high quality of planning, design, materials, implementation, and follow-through
- All nominations will be reviewed for their compliance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation
Download and complete the 2021 Nomination Form
- Attach a detailed project description
- Include BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER images
- Self-nominations will be accepted
- Printed submissions may be addressed and mailed to MVHS Historic Preservation Awards 648 Wick Ave., Youngstown, OH 44502
- You may also email digital files (JPEG or PDF formats only) to Dave Ragan, MVHS Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations MUST be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 30, 2021.